More than 6 million people are employed in the Russian construction sector and 490,000 companies work in it
An upward trend in Russian construction industry reemerged in 2018 and continued in 2019–2021, with another positive figure predicted for 2022.
Five facts about construction sector in Russia:
- Construction is the 7th largest sector of Russia's economy, employing 5-6 million people.
- The Russian construction output recorded a surprising growth in 2020 (115b euro total output), despite the widespread impact of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Official data indicate that Russian construction output increased by 0.1% in 2020, following a 2.1% increase in 2019 and 6.3% surge in 2018. Furthermore, an increase of over 2% is predicted for 2021.
- 85 million sq m of new residential real estate expected by the end of 2021 in Russia.
- More than 1 bln sq m of housing should be built by 2030 (26% of the total volume of the entire housing stock in Russia).
It`s important that major Russian construction projects are in progress — they have not been put on hold. Moreover, finishing materials, sanitary equipment, electric/wiring equipment are mostly imported. This represents a market opportunity for international manufacturers.
Seize the opportunity to grow your construction business in Russia and supply to Russia’s vast building and interiors sectors with MosBuild.
MosBuild exhibition, being the largest building and interiors trade show in Russia, is the best platform to showcase your products to the Russian market.
Taking part in MosBuild is the opportunity to:
- Increase sales of your products due to the high commercial potential of the exhibition. In 2022, MosBuild expects to welcome >70k visitors from construction, wholesale and retail trade companies.
- Enter the Russian market and expand the geography of sales. Meet trade visitors from 82 regions of Russia and 41 countries at MosBuild 2022.
- Showcase new products and innovations. 82% of visitors come to the exhibition to look for new products and services for business and to get the latest industry information.