The building and interiors trade show MosBuild introduces the award for young architects and students of profession-oriented universities MosBuild Architecture & Design Awards (MADA). MADA is aimed at supporting and promoting talented young architects and displaying new bright ideas for the creation of modern, comfortable, high quality spaces.
Young architects (under 35) and students of architecture and construction universities can apply for the MADA award. Projects submitted for the competition can be executed individually or by a group of architects in the last 3 years. Participation in MADA is free of charge.
Applications can be submitted starting from May 2020, the curator of the MADA award is Alexander Zmeul, the editor in chief of the arch:speech online media. The winners of the MADA award will be chosen by the reputable jury, the members of which will be announced later. Throughout the year the applicants of the MADA award will participate in a series of workshops. The awarding ceremony and the presentation of the winning projects will take place at the MosBuild trade show in spring 2021.
Applications accepted for projects:
- executed in Russia (by Russian as well as international project engineers)
- executed outside of Russia (in case a Russian architect participated in the development team)
File in .doc format with a mandatory list of Technical and Economic Performance and materials and technologies used (names of manufacturers and brands).
MADA is an award which goes beyond the project, it is about values that the authors express in their projects. That is why we require the description of your mission statement, story of growth, success, professional values and aspirations in:
- written form (under 2000 symbols), .doc file
- video introduction format (under 1 min), horizontal, .mp4, .wav file
- Visual part
The visual part of the application can include photos, master layout plan, plans, sections, sketches (up to 10 images min 2880px wide, in .jpg) as well as video links. Authorship of the image should be indicated.
Photo. The building should be photographed from the outside as well as from the inside, the only exception would be an interior project. The photos should be made in the daylight on a clear day with no visual distortion. It is important that the photographer reflects the relationship of the architecture with the context, but at the same time avoids the crowds, transport and other distracting elements. Close-ups highlighting the details, finishing and materials are welcome.
Images in GIF format or links to YouTube and Vimeo videos can also be provided along with the photos.
For Infrastructure Development and Landscape Design, Reconstruction and Adjustment, and Public Space Interior categories:
- Expression and originality (architectural image, composition structure, aesthetic characteristics of an object)
- Quality and applicability (in terms of space, layout, functional organization of the object, social impact, economic efficiency)
- Innovation (new approach, implementation of modern technological solutions and materials – in basebuild, engineering, energy saving, ecological characteristics of the object, materials and technologies used).
For the Young Architect of the Year category:
- The form and idea of the motivational letter and video presentation
- The Project being in line with the values announced in the motivational letter and video presentation
- The quality of the presentation of the Project and the public presentation of the Finalists’ Projects.
VOTING PROCEDURE AND JURY MEMBERS
Voting is undertaken by the contest jury composed of industry experts, including food & drink manufacturers, industry institutions and unions, and government representatives.
An organoleptic evaluation of product quality in each contest group is undertaken in accordance with the requirements of regulatory documents, assess the appearance, packaging. Based on these results, each jury member completes an evaluation sheet. The evaluation sheets, protocols are formed, which are sent to the competition commission.
The Chairman of the contest jury is Konstantin Savenkov, deputy head of Rosselkhoznadzor (Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance).
Official partner of the award
MADA Award nomination Partner
For more information contact:
business program producer
Email: [email protected]